This chocolate cake ready to make with oil, instead butter. It’s making SUCH a moist cake! Additionally, cake with lovely dark chocolate cocoa. It gives the cake an extreme rich exotic chocolate flavor. That said, regular fine cocoa works too and is also wonderful.
One thing to note chocolate cake has a very thin batter taste. And no, it’s not a typo – it’s a slow-bake cake and bakes at 300 degrees which make smoothness & softness on the cake.
Step 1: Make the Cake
- Prepare your pan & preheat the oven. Prepare three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in the downsides, and grease the sides. Preheat oven to 300°F (148°C) With us .
- Mix the dry ingredients. Add all dry ingredients with us to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients. Add eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients with us and mix well. Add vanilla to boiling water and mix with mixture . Mix well.
- Bake. Divide batter evenly between cakes pans and bake for 30-33 minutes with us , or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
- Cool. Remove cakes from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely with us
Step 2: Make the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting cake with us
- Chocolate frosting while the cakes cool. Here’s how with us:
- Add the sugar. Slowly add 4 cups (460g) of powdered sugar and mix until smooth with us .
- Add vanilla and half of the water or milk and mix well smooth with us .
- More sugar. Add another 5 cups (575g) of powdered sugar and mix until smooth with us.
- Mix in the cocoa powder. Add cocoa and mix until smooth with us .
- Add remaining water or milk until the frosting is the right consistency with us .
Step 3: Frost Your Chocolate Cake
- Once cakes are cool, remove cake domes from top with a large serrated knife. See my tips on how to level a cake and how to stack a cake.
- Frost the first layer. Place first layer of cake on cake plate. Spread about 1 cup of frosting on top in an even layer.
- Frost the second layer. Add second layer of cake and add another cup of frosting on top in an even layer.
- Add more frosting. Frost the outside of the entire cake to finish things up. Feel free to use my tutorial for frosting a smooth cake.
Step 4: Make the Chocolate Ganache & Add More Frosting
Technically you could just stop right here. By this point you’ll have an amazing chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting! But if you want to go a bit fancy, this chocolate ganache is an easy way to do it.
To make the chocolate ganache:
- Add the chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl (see my tips on making chocolate ganache).
- Heat the heavy whipping cream just until it begins to boil, then pour it over the chocolate chips. Allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
That’s it. Just two steps! Then you add the ganache to your chocolate cake:
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache around the edge of the cake, then pour the remainder of the ganache on top of the cake and spread evenly. I like to use a squeeze bottle for drizzling around the edges. See my tips on making a chocolate drip cake.
- Allow the ganache to firm up a bit
- Pipe the remainder of the frosting around the top edge of the cake and pipe a border around the bottom. I used Ateco tip 844.
Step 5: Sprinkles and Serve!
Hope, you shall try and able to prepare delicious cake. All the best.
For more bakery items which will be able to match your expectation and supreme taste try ordering from bakeneto.com or call us @ 7071634634. We make Cake, cupcakes, Jar cakes, Pastries, Customized chocolates, Cartoon cakes, Fruits Cakes and all other types of wedding, engagement cakes as well.
We provide FREE delivery in Noida and Ghaziabad to your doorsteps in same day (within 2 to 3 hours).
Don’t forget to follow us on Social Media on below links: